E-commerce/Business Website Migration to RetailConnection
There are many CMS, e-commerce and shopping cart solutions out there, if you have a website, chances are you are using one of them.
Over the years, we have found that the most common reason for switching to us are:
- You were using a small company or an individual to maintain your website and they are no longer available or unwilling to continue supporting you.
- Your website is frequently being hacked in one way or another causing downtime, expensive repairs, loss of business and loss of reputation.
- The platform you are using is end-of-life, poorly supported and difficult to maintain.
- The platform you are using is not catering to your needs and requirements, it is difficult to customise, add new features and generally difficult to keep up with modern e-commerce trends..
- The platform you are using is slow because of inherent deficiencies, running on under-dimensioned hosting or the website is being hosted overseas.
You feel that it is costing you too much to evolve your current setup with new features.
Do you find one or more of the above being true in your case?
The good news is that we can migrate your website to us, in many cases free of charge.
Depending on the platform you are using at present, the migration approach will differ.
Migrating from WooCommerce to RetailConnection SA
To upgrade your WooCommerce setup to RetailConnection you will need to provide us with a database dump from your current website. We need one such dump shortly after you sign-up with us, we use this for a dry-run to test the data migration and allow you to review the migrated data and request any adjustments if needed. On the night of go-live, we will require a fresh database dump, which is used for the final data.
The WooCommerce data migration includes migrating brand, category (collection) and product data, order history and customer account details.
We do WooCommerce migrations at no cost to you subject to signing up for an annual package.
Migrating from Shopify to RetailConnection SA
To migrate your Shopify setup to RetailConnection you will need to export your products, order history and customer account data from your Shopify account. We will then import this data into your account with us.
We do Shopify migrations at no cost to you subject to signing up for an annual package.
Migrating from other platforms to RetailConnection SA
Contact us with details of the platform you are using and what data you need to migrate (typically products, categories, customer accounts and order history). Mention if you have access to export functions in your current platform or access to the database. Providing data samples can help us to accurately assess the scope of work required for the migration.